5 Tips For Better Dating
by: John Coutts
There are no dating experts. Some people may think they are, but the truth is, we all just try the best we know at dating and hope it works out OK. These dating tips are just that - tips. These dating tips include things I've noticed cropping up again and again, so I feel they must work for most people. I hope they work for you.
1. Preparation is everything when it comes to dating. Spend some time thinking about your perfect mate. Know the type of person you are seeking. You will have some disappointments, but some dates will be more than worth it too. Be serious in your dating quest and you are likely to enjoy better success.
2. Get in shape before you start serious dating. The more attractive you look physically, the better chance that you will appeal to others. OK, we're not all perfect shapes, but make an attempt. Your dating experience will benefit, and your dates will quietly thank you for it too.
3. Do you have the necessary confidence levels for serious dating? You should. Overly shy people usually lose out, and overly bold people can put others off them. Be confident in your dating, but not too brash and bold. Your date will want someone quietly in control, but not too controlling.
4. Be realistic in your dating goals (you do have goals, don't you?). Some men would like a stunning blonde Hollywood starlet, but few get them. Some women yearn for a dark chiselled featured handsome athletic type, but often accept someone quite normal. Dating should be fun - not a quest for the perfect mate.
5. Don't throw yourself at your date. Hold something back. An element of mystery and mystique can often be more fascinating than anything else. Don't be too mysterious, but find a level that works. Dating is all about adventure, so let your dating adventure be an exciting one.
The only other piece of advice I can give is to join a quality Internet dating agency. They're free, and you should also post a photo profile if you can. This is a way to build up your confidence and boost your spirits a bit. You can practice your opening lines and chat up skills safely. Dating by Internet is fun. It's safe and secure, and leads you into the world of real dating in an easy gentle way.
About The Author
Linda Petersen is a self-confessed addict to Internet dating. If anyone knows all the ins and outs of online dating and just dating in general then Linda is the one you should consult. Recently, she has set up a website dedicated to helping those just starting out in online dating.
This article was posted on October 12, 2005